We continued with the teacher question "how does music make us think and feel?" We listened to Coast Salish music by the Sto:Lo Voices which is a group comprised of family members from the Sto:lo and Chehalis people of the Fraser Valley. The children were captivated by the sound of the drums and began to clap to the beat.
After listening to the "Salmon Song", the children had different thoughts and reflections of how the song made them feel.
Natalya: I liked the girls' voices.
Leighton: The song made me feel sad and alone. It made me think of being the forest by myself.
Rocco: I feel happy, I like the drums.
Chloe: I feel sad like crying.
Hao Hao: I like fish.
At the end of group today, some children asked if we could listen to princess music. I asked what princess music is and the response I received was lots of "aaahs" in high voices. Tomorrow we will explore what princess music is and how it makes us feel..
After listening to the "Salmon Song", the children had different thoughts and reflections of how the song made them feel.
Natalya: I liked the girls' voices.
Leighton: The song made me feel sad and alone. It made me think of being the forest by myself.
Rocco: I feel happy, I like the drums.
Chloe: I feel sad like crying.
Hao Hao: I like fish.
We watched some you tube videos of the Tsatsu Stalqayu (Coastal Wolfpack) singing and dancing to Coast Salish songs. The children painted to the Coast Salish music.
At the end of group today, some children asked if we could listen to princess music. I asked what princess music is and the response I received was lots of "aaahs" in high voices. Tomorrow we will explore what princess music is and how it makes us feel..



Comments
Post a Comment