Continuing with Willy and Hugh, the children recognized that Willy was lonely because he wanted someone to play with. Willy being lonely was the starting point of a conversation of does friendship matter. The children all said "yes" but couldn't explain why. I asked the children to think of times that they want to play with friends and times that they want to be alone. We will explore this topic further next week.
What I like to do with friends:
Bela: play in the block area.
Michael: play trucks and cars.
Ryleigh: play hide and seek.
Chloe: play babies.
William: play tag and race games.
Tyreese: play tag and hide and seek.
What I like to do alone:
Bela: play Lego.
Michael: play trucks and cars and Lego.
Ryleigh: nothing. I like to be with friends.
Chloe: read books.
William: rest in the tent.
Tyreese: play toys in my toy room.
Say Hello
![]() |
| Hello, my name is.... |
Many of the children feel that saying hello is a great way to initiate a friendship. We practiced greeting one another and introducing ourselves.


Comments
Post a Comment